Write...Sashi Tharoor is not watching you write

I write for the love of words and not for anything else. Writing is my passion and gives me immense joy. Its all about finding the time and the right frame of mind to pen a few words. Yes Technology has evolved and people have moved on to Video content but still there are takers for blogs. There used to be a time when I would just devour books for breakfast, lunch and dinner but over time I felt and urge to write, to put into practice all that had been stored in gray matter as words. 

yes you heard it right, practice in any field will make you closer to perfect, if not perfection itself. Practice writing a few sentences, make a few mistakes, learn from them and you will become better each time you write. Writing is like any other specialization or art form, the more you indulge in it, you will become better. There is a story that each one has to tell, its just about giving a form to that story, replete with emotion, drama, and above all passion

I am a huge fan of Mr Sashi Tharoor's English and the way he gives life to words. Extraordinary speaker and well read. Each time there are a few words added to my dictionary from the Tharoor repertoire. Learn from the way people write and speak. Pick up new words each day. I make it a habit to read as much as possible. Write in your own way and style. Each person has a distinct personality that comes out in the way you write. Grammar yes important but then there will be the odd sounding false notes. After all who learnt playing the guitar in one day, no one does. Write for yourself and immerse yourself in what you write. Write....Sashi Tharoor is not watching you write. :) 

In the initial stages pick up familiar turf, topics that you are at ease with in expressing yourself. It could be movies, cookery, politics, sports, art or just about anything under the sky. Remember the cardinal rule applies, write about something that you love. Once you have written a few pages, run it by someone for their feedback, can be anyone a friend, a parent, a sibling. Take feedback seriously and read your notes, correct if needed. This is what I did when I was picking up the threads.

I do not claim to be a good writer but I love certain aspects of my writing. I love the play of words that I bring to the fore. I write with a lot of passion and thought. It is very important to love yourself and the work that you produce. Feel one with the words that you write. Relate to them and the action that they produce. There has to be a fizz that the audience needs to experience, bring in a wow factor and let your mind run free when you write. 

Yes good writing can bring you fame and money but that is never my intention. Writing is just like watering a sapling. Intention is to grow that sapling into a plant and then into a huge tree. End Result if that tree yields delicious apples, I am very happy as a gardener. I would be only too happy sharing the handsome spoils of the produce with those who deserve it. That's the end result of writing, the ultimate goal of any art form, to share your learnings and experiences without any expectations. Write....Sashi Tharoor is not watching you write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mango Diaries

Mango Diaries-Page Four-Times of Covid and a Tribute to Unknown Soldiers

A Letter from a DieHard Fan of BigB to Shoojit Sircar