Dear Pravin Tambe


Dear Pravin,

By now I am pretty sure that Google would have choked up by the number of times people  searched for your name online, including yours truly. Let me be honest and upfront. When my good friend Sudip asked me to watch your biopic, I thought to myself, no not another biopic. I am a self professed movie buff, have all the big platforms at my disposal like Netlflix, Hotstar, Amazon, Zee but when it comes to Biopics I am just a tad bit wary of having to sit though the motions of "Another Biopic" .

However I wanted to pay heed as well as respect to my dear friend Sudips recommendation, so here I was watching Kaun Pravin Tambe. Am I glad I did? No actually I am glad and overwhelmed. I must admit that I was mightily emotional towards the end, when you took a hat trick against KKR.  Not only  did I watch the movie but ended up analyzing to shreds as to why one should know Kaun Pravin Tambe

Kaun Pravin Tambe(Reason One to Understand Who you really are)

You are an inspiration to those who think that Sports is for the Young, and that those in the 40's need to give up the sport. Age is just a number my friend and you just taught all of us a big, big reason to believe in it by showing the world how age is no barrier when it comes to Sport.

Kaun Pravin Tambe(Reason Two to Understand Who you really are)

You have shown us how to follow a passion to the end of life and back. There are these moments in life when you just want to give at the point of no return, you feel like you are under water gasping for breath but in your career you just proved to us in one of the scenes that Cricket is your first love and Ranji is your dream. You followed your passion and followed it without wavering.

Kaun Pravin Tambe(Reason Three to Understand Who you really are)

Sometimes in Life it so happens that you need a mentor, a guide to show you the way. The Mentor also  tells you who you really are. Here you were thinking that you are a medium pacer while your coach clearly understood that your wrist and fingers were perfect for a leg spinner. I did not know how beautiful I was, people were mocking at me, laughing at me until I stood in front of a mirror. That Mirror is your coach. In Life too you need people and well wishers who not only pat your back but actually have the strength to tell you that you are wrong

Kaun Pravin Tambe(Reason Four to Understand Who you really are)

You had the ability to shut out all the external noise that was thrust upon you and instead you chose to focus on your passion. Be it the unscrupulous media person or your bosses, you never wavered from your goal of representing Mumbai in Ranji. Rare commodity because most of us give way to external noise and pressure and give way to mounting pressure while choosing to ignore the inner calling. Amazing Pravin. Yet another valuable lesson learnt.

Kaun Pravin Tambe(Reason Five to Understand Who you really are)

In professional sport Family is bound to play a key role. In the life of an average middle class Indian Vitamin M continues to play a very important role. You can have a passion, a dream to follow but you also need to keep the household fire burning. Pravin you chose to follow your dream with pin pointed zeal and enthusiasm but never ever ignored the requirements of your family. Be it as an accountant, an employee earning Rs 1500 per month at a Diamond Manufacturing Company,the construction supervisor or the Waiter at the Night Dance Bar, you always held your head high with dignity, while never letting down your family. The Perfect Family Man....

Kaun Pravin Tambe(Reason Six to Understand Who you really are)

Staying grounded is what a middle class upbringing leaves in us. You chose to stay so grounded and humble in spite of all your success. You sacrificed so much for the sake of your family. You Always cared for Elders and respected them. You even loved your kids and showed them the right path to honesty by being a living example. Truly Pravin From your life it is clearly seen that Success embraces Honesty and Truth. 

Finally.....Kaun Pravin Tambe(Reason Seven to Understand Who you really are)

Pravin one line in the entire movie summarizes who you really are where you say to your friend "If I Become successful I am great, If I am a Failure I am Mad" I would say that because you are madly in love with the game of cricket, you were successful and so you are truly great. 

Enough Reasons for Seeing "Kaun Pravin Tambe" on Hotstar. A Wonderul movie to binge on and take lifes lessons from it. Great performances from the cast comprising of Shreyas Talpade, Parambrata Chatterjee, Ashish Vidyarthi, Anjali Patil, Chhaya Kadam, Arif Zakaria, Nitin Rao, Chirag Trivedi . After this movie the world will never say "Kaun Pravin Tambe"



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mango Diaries-Page Four-Times of Covid and a Tribute to Unknown Soldiers

A Letter from a DieHard Fan of BigB to Shoojit Sircar

Durga Puja-Part 1