Ashwin Bhai Visits Amir Mahal



There is never a paucity and dearth of Ashwin and Ashwinism in me. I am a die hard Ashwin fan and I have no qualms in accepting the fact. I would be in any place on the planet just to see Ashwin go through his paces and the joy that he gives to his fans. So when last weekend I got wind of the fact that Ashwin would be playing a fun cricket match at the Amir Mahal grounds, I quickly readied myself to be there for the event. Initially the event in itself did not excite me as much as bumping into Ashwin. I have not been to Triplicane before but have heard about the narrow by-lanes. Not wanting to get into parking hassles I made myself comfortable in an Ola Auto.

I reached the palace grounds in double quick time and was quite taken in by the aura and sheer grandeur of the place. As I entered the famed Amir Mahal right in front of me, there was a red ancient palace, all looking very royal and resplendent. I could not take my eyes off the architecture and the royalty of the place. I quickly made my way to the cricket ground, always have a strict penchant and ahrence to time. In addition I wanted to be there much prior to the time when the big man arrived.

The moment arrived sooner than later and Ashwin walked out of the car, the charming,wide grin right in place. As he walked greeting people around him, exchanging pleasantries, with the participants, he had his words for me as well. "What TBK what brings you here, guess the love of the game". I could only nod my head in approval, knowing fully well that the fanism in me had bought me to the ground.

More on the game and the reasons for Ashwin being there. This fun match was being organized by the EO (Chennai) chapter. The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) is a global, peer-to-peer network of more than 12,000+ influential business owners with 170 chapters in 53 countries. Founded in 1987, EO is the catalyst that enables leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow, leading to greater success in business and beyond.Since its inception in 1987, members of EO have been building a global network to serve the unique needs of the complete entrepreneur. This innovative process has sustained a growing organization that has withstood—even flourished—during times of economic uncertainty, and now with a global footprint in more than 53 countries.For entrepreneurs and founders of businesses making more than US$1 million in annual revenue, there is no better opportunity to learn and grow than the one that is provided to you through membership in EO. Here’s what you can expect from the EO experience.The highest-rated benefit of EO membership, a Forum fosters peer-to-peer sharing between members in a trusted and confidential environment. Looking to draw from the expertise that only another entrepreneur would have? Forum offers a format where the complex intersections between your business, personal life and community engagement can all be addressed head-on, so that you can achieve fulfillment in all of your endeavors.

As an EO member, you’re not only a part of the global organization— you’re a part of a thriving local chapter! Entrepreneurs like you are hard at work in your local area, creating exciting chapter learning and social events, as well as special off-site activities, where you can hear and share big ideas, invest in the health of your community and become a better leader. What’s more, the peer interaction and educational opportunities at these events will help you become a well-rounded entrepreneur by expanding your network and improving upon your business knowledge. These are the learning events that EO members look forward to and members from all over the country come and participate. For this particular fun match or Learning Event that EO had organized it was great to see the entire business fraternity of entrepreneurs out there rubbing shoulders with each other for the fun of it. Far away from the din and clamour of the board room, this was a different kind of battle being fought on a ground between two EO teams. The best part of the match was the fact that Ashwin took turns in batting, bowling and fielding for both the sides. 

With Ashwin around there will be for sure tonnes of learning. He could be seen encouraging, motivating, exchanging hi-fives with players from both teams and cracking the occasional joke. End of Day Winners all, there were no losers. It was a pleasure for TallBoyK to see his hero in action, albeit in a fun game. Thanks EO for hosting me, it was indeed my pleasure being there enjoying myself in yet another day of Ashwinism. For more details about EO please visit their website: https://www.eonetwork.org/chennai 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from a DieHard Fan of BigB to Shoojit Sircar

Mango Diaries-Page Four-Times of Covid and a Tribute to Unknown Soldiers

Durga Puja-Part 1