10 Reasons for Hating Spam

10 Reasons for Hating Spam

For more reasons than not most of us tend to ignore Spam mail because we do not consider it important for us. I have thought that this write up is important because it gives reasons as to why people hate Spam. It also becomes important to define Spam.

Spam as google defines it means: irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to large numbers of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware

Having understood what is meant by spam we could quickly move on to reasons why people hate Spam: 

1. I am not interested in your product. I do not want that credit card or mobile phone that you are seeking to sell to me. I for all reasons may not be your target audience, why bombard me with spam?

2. My mail box to me is a temple, a place of worship which is meant to be kept clean, organised and relevant stuff that I use in my daily work. Do not make it look dirty with unsolicited material.

3. Spam is unprofessional. Over a period of time customers will start to think that this Brand only spams. He will gradually move away even if were interested in your product just because you have spammed him so much

4. I would assume that nine out of ten people would tend to ignore spam because of the irrelevance that it brings to the table.

5. I don't have the time to go through through mails that have absolutely not bearing to me neither have they any relevance. So why would i want to go through something that is considered as Spam.

6. Imagine waking into a departmental store, where you have this irritating in your face Sales promoter who wants to sell his product to you, despite your not being interested. Finally you would sort of hush him away. Spam invites the same kind of reactions. you will ignore and move on.

7. Spam in a way is push strategy, being pushy never really works, as you do not understand what the customer preferences are and you are trying to sell a product to me.

8. Spam finds its way into the main Inbox as well, causing important mails getting lost in a crowd of Spam Mails.

9. Spam takes up valuable space that can be otherwise allocated. Memory gets clogged, system becomes slow, and ultimately work efficiency gets affected.

10.  You never can really trust Spam. can contain viruses, malware that can end up disrupting your computerized environment

There might be bore reasons why people hate spam. I am more than open to discussions, comments regarding the same. If there are ways and means of avoiding spam it could be useful information for everyone.

Comments

  1. http://wepop.in


    Very informative and easy to understand thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter from a DieHard Fan of BigB to Shoojit Sircar

Mango Diaries-Page Four-Times of Covid and a Tribute to Unknown Soldiers

Durga Puja-Part 1